Replacing a headlight in a 2006 Subaru Forester is fairly easy; there is enough space behind the bulb to be able to replace it without removing the entire headlight assembly. Unfortunately, this is not the case when you want to change the parking light on a Subaru Forester.
The entire camera must come out, and this is something that requires a little time and patience: this procedure can last from 20 to 25 minutes. The process you will undertake to replace a 2006 Subaru Forester 194 led bulb for parking light is the same process that would be used for those Foresters from 2004 to 2008.
Steps to change the parking light on a Subaru Forester:
- The first thing you should do to replace a Subaru’s parking light is to turn off the engine and open the hood. Take a close look at the plastic grille insert (which has the Subaru emblem) between the headlights. You will notice that there are seven clips: four in the upper area and one located on each side.
- Insert a flat-head screwdriver into each clip while simultaneously pulling the grill insert forward. This will release the clamps on the Forester, allowing you to remove the insert from the front grille.
- Remove the two clips from the plastic panel on the side inside the headlight assembly. You must remove them by hand or with a flat-head screwdriver. Then slide the plastic panel out to expose the mounting bolts of the interior headlight assembly.
- Loosen the two inner mounting bolts with the help of a socket wrench, and then remove the last bolt from the upper outer corner of the headlight assembly. Carefully slide the headlight forward to access its rear. You must be very careful not to scratch the lid of the Forester. You have to disconnect the electrical connections in the rear area.
- You have to turn the parking light bulb counterclockwise and with that action, you will be able to remove it. The parking light bulb is the top lamp that is on the outer side. Take the old bulb out of the socket directly.
- Insert the replacement bulb into the socket. It is important that you wear clean gloves as it is impossible not to touch the bulb with your hands when changing it. Touching the glass with the skin can damage the bulb. Put the socket with the new bulb back into the assembly. To secure it you must turn it clockwise.
- Again reconnect the electrical connections at the rear of the headlight assembly. Then insert the headlight assembly back into the vehicle and tighten the three screws.
- Put the plastic cover back on the inside of the headlight assembly. Also, insert the clips to secure it. Put the front grille insert back into place. Then press in on the tabs with the flat head screwdriver and firmly push the insert forward to reattach it. This way you can change the parking light on a Subaru Forester safely.
When you buy led headlights, you can call around to the suppliers in your area, that is a good way to know what they are able to provide and know whether they are in your require. It is necessary to ake them how long to get the new headlight in. A reliable headlight supplier will help you upgrade easily.
Article original: focusmidgets.com